Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


The cover is up at Samhain!

Friday, August 04, 2006
The ms is off with the Final Line Editor and the cover art made it up onto the site here.

Cool, no?

Cool, yes.

Last night (and I swear it was 105 with the heat index) we had the annual school Meet the Teachers night at a local park. We stayed long enough to pay the school fees and say "how d'ye do" and got the heck out of there.

I'm not worried about Monkey Boy. You could drop that kid into any situation and he'd swim.

But the Monkey Princess? I dunno. The new teacher seems sweet enough, but she's so young! Or is it just that I'm getting old?

Funny thing is, I'm the youngest mom on the block, I think. We had an impromptu meeting of the book club last night after the school thing because a member who had moved to Germany was back in town for a couple of days. Heck, I think I'm the only one there still in my 30s and all our kids are the same age.

Anyway, I worry. A useless thing to do, but there you go.
8/04/2006 07:36:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 5 Comments

5 Comments:

Oh, that cover has an eerie edge to it Sela! Sounds perfect, based on the description of your book!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 2:29 PM  

Ooh, read your blurb. Sounds sooo good.

I am usually the youngest mom too. Which is weird since I had my son at 27. I mean, it's not like that's super young or anything. I tell myself this means hubby and I will have plenty of fun years left for travel and mayhem once the Spawn is out of the house.

And worrying? I don't know how to not worry.

By Blogger Jaye Wells, at 9:50 AM  

You and me both, Jaye. I had dd at 27 and my ds at 30. They all had lengthy careers before they had kids, though.

Thanks Amanda and Sandra! It feels more real every day.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:06 AM  

wow - I feel like I really started young...23 - so I know I'm going to be enjoying a childless home before I'm 45!!!

I wanted to post here because I have to say how HOT the guy is on the cover. I think he actually LOOKS like what I picture a hot guy from 100 years ago looking like! He fits that era and his eyes are amazing. *gush* He's very aristocratic looking.
Congratulations and much success.

By Blogger Jacqueline Hutchinson, at 10:41 PM  

Thanks for coming over, Jacqui! And thanks for the compliment. The thing about my hero is that I pictured him a little more working class than the cover model, but I'm never one to turn away a hottie!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich