Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


The Final Countdown

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
I'd do the air guitar thing, but I'm wiped. Mom's plane left about 20 minutes ago (it's 7:40 am), but we were up at 4:30 to get out of the house in plenty of time.

In one week: The Monkey Children go back to school.

The Monkey Princess will be in 4th grade with a teacher fresh out of college. We'll see if she doesn't run screaming by Halloween.

And Monkey Boy will begin Kindergarten. What the...? He's just a baby! He can't go to Kindergarten! Back to preschool with you, little buddy.

I swear, they actually grew while I was in Atlanta. Must be all the popcorn and ice cream Lita fed them. Today is the trying on of the wardrobe for Monkey Princess. Big sales on clothes this week, so if I'm going to stock up, now is the time. And they both need new shoes.

In two weeks: NOT QUITE DEAD will be released.

Oh. My. God. I may hurl. Seriously.

Vanessa is my cover artist and she made a couple of changes to the first try. Huge difference. If you click the link, you'll see that most of her art is very dramatic and I admit that at first, I was concerned that NQD's cover would reflect that. Which would be a bad thing since it's a romantic comedy. It's still not an overtly "comic" cover -- I definitely didn't want a cartoon -- but it's a happy medium.

No, I don't think I can post it yet, but the very second I get the go-ahead, you're going to see it all over the place.

Sorry I didn't do a Monday Meandering yesterday. I should have prepared one before I left for RWA, but I was a little distracted. Next Monday, I promise.
8/01/2006 07:42:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 12 Comments

12 Comments:

Ooooh can't wait to see the cover, Sela! :-D

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 8:49 AM  

I have found cover discussions have made the book seem more real than anything else.

And I completely relate to the idea of hurling!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 9:22 AM  

I actually got teary-eyed. At no other point in this process have I gotten teary-eyed. Nausea is common enough -- "They've got the wrong story. They meant to pick another, better story with an author who isn't a neurotic wreck." -- but it was the cover that got to me.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:03 AM  

There, there, it will be alright.
Glad you're back.

By Blogger Bernita, at 10:44 AM  

Breathe. You will be fine. I felt the exactly same way, mine for a mere 22 pages.

The first few reciews are the hardest to get through,but after that it's all good, no matter what.

Add some frangelico to that coffee and have a rest.
((hugs))

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 11:03 AM  

Busy and productive.
Oh how productive!
Congratulations.

By Blogger ivan, at 11:07 AM  

Woo Hoo! Only 2 more weeks, that is great :) My son is still home for another 4 1/2 weeks so...still not as productive as usual, lol.

Have a great week hon :)

By Blogger Ann Cory, at 2:29 PM  

ohgodohgodohgod. You had to mention reviews. Where's that damn bucket?

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 4:33 PM  

My BigBoy starts kinders this year, and I'm the one having trouble with it! He's quite excited.

The cover makes it real :) And I'm glad you like it :) You'll be seeing it everywhere - avatars, signatures, blogs...

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:38 PM  

It's already time for school again?

Don't hurl... Everything is going to go just fine!

By Blogger April, at 9:49 PM  

Vanessa did my cover, too! She's great.

By Blogger Meg Allison, at 1:18 AM  

We have a "last baby" coffee in my neighborhood for the moms who are sending their babies off to K. There are 3 of us on my street, so I expect copious weeping.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.

And yes, Meg, Vanessa is great to work with. I've always admired your cover.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich