Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


My mama's coming!

Thursday, July 20, 2006
My mama's coming to visit me!!! Woohoo!!! She'll arrive later this afternoon from Idaho. I'm pretty excited. She gets out here or we go visit her about once a year or so, so this is a big deal. Bless her, we actually organized it so she'd be here to watch the Monkey Children while I'm in Atlanta.

She's over the moon. From Friday to Sunday, she'll have them all to herself. She'll feed them popcorn and ice cream for dinner and no one will care. Even I won't care. Hey, if you can't have popcorn and ice cream for dinner while your Lita's here (Lita is short for Abuelita -- we're invisibly Hispanic, white as a lily I am) then you just haven't lived right.

Now, I may have mentioned that my mother is a compulsive neat-nik -- a trait that seems to have skipped me, but works in my Monkey Boy. The 5 yr old actually cleans his room when you ask him to. Shocking, I know. The Monkey Princess takes more after me in this area, I'm afraid.

But now that my house is spick and span, she doesn't have to go around cleaning it. I don't ask her to, but she starts driving me bonkers after a while saying, "Why don't we clean this?" Or worse yet, "Why don't we go to the garden center and find some live plants?" What? So I can kill them? Sounds like a pretty sick thrill to me.

She's also a gardener. *shudder*

This time, I am determined that she will relax. See, my step-dad is an invalid. Not total, but bad enough. She has to take care of him and rarely gets to leave the house. But while she's on holiday, Hospice Home Care is going to check in with him daily and mom's got a schedule of neighbors and friends coming by to visit with him. So this is the first break she's had in I don't know how long. And she really, really needs a break.

So if I'm not on as much in the next few days, you'll know why.
7/20/2006 07:38:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich