Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Je suis de retour

Monday, July 31, 2006
Home again! I love my bed. I just thought I'd say that. I really, really love my bed.

The hotel was lovely -- so posh! It lent a whole different feel to the conference, actually. Reno was active and manic and loud, no matter if it was day or night. Atlanta was quiet and elegant. Except in the bar. I deny all knowledge and/or culpability based on whatever may or may not have happened in the bar.

It was a fun conference, but I feel like I didn't get much ... accomplished. I didn't pitch, I didn't meet editors or agents. I enjoyed the workshops I went to, but I think I missed some that I might have found useful.

I think I'll need to re-envision my strategy for next year. Have a stronger focus and some goals to reach.

Anyway, it's just nice to be home. I've got what are hopefully my last round of actual edits before the line editor gets to it and I got my preliminary cover art. It needs a little bit of tweaking before it goes "live," then I'll plaster it EVERYWHERE!

Thanks for taking care of the blog and for refilling the coffee pot! I need a fresh cup now before I start working. See y'all!
7/31/2006 10:40:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 5 Comments

5 Comments:

Welcome back, Sela. lol @ the bed thing. I sooo know what you mean.

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 6:41 PM  

And I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with you! I missed you this year!

By Blogger Sasha White, at 8:33 PM  

Thanks Jaye. It's good to be home.

I know, Sasha! I heard about the flaming Sambucca incident -- wish I'd been there!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:41 PM  

It's always good to deny all knowledge of what happens in the bar, LOL!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 9:22 AM  

Apparently, there was video footage. It could get ugly.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich