Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Life as I Know It

Wednesday, May 31, 2006
I had a great birthday -- Thanks to everyone who left a message!!

My birthday gets pre-empted more often than not these days because dd was born on the 28th. She's 9 now. Wow.

While ds went to his karate test (he has a white-stripe belt now), I took dd and 4 of her friends to the local children's museum and let them run around like maniacs inside a two-story boy. One of them tried to tell me that the ear canal was next to his stomach. I said, "Only if he hears out of his armpit."

Afterwards, we went to an ice-cream shop and then I sent them home, hyped on adrenaline and sugar.

Minorly spendy, but so worth it not to have everyone tramping all over the house. They had fun, too.

Then Sunday was Memorial Day -- God bless the soldiers and their families. Google, apparently, who makes cute banners for Secretary's Day, didn't think it worthwhile to acknowledge our war dead. I'll be using Ask.com from now on. To quote Forrest Gump: "And that's all I'm going to say about that."

I've got two more posts for today. Gotta catch up somehow!
5/31/2006 08:02:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 1 Comments

1 Comments:

Interesting. I've seen Google make banners for most every holiday... I'm wondering if it was a goof-up of some kind.

Can't say that I think it was an intentional oversight. They seem too on-the-ball for that kind of thing.

By Blogger Alan Morgan, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich