Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Not sure

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Whether I should be dismayed or amused.

Let me preface this anecdote by stating that I am a Plant Killer. Sad, but true. I have killed almost every plant that has come into my possession. The only ones I haven't killed are the ones that I gave away before they succumbed to my black thumb.

I received two dozen roses for Valentine's Day. They're opening today and they're gorgeous -- all different colors and they smell amazing. Ds took a look at them and said, "Are they real? Because I've never seen real flowers in our house before."

Yikes.
2/15/2006 12:23:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 10 Comments

10 Comments:

Indignant. I'd got for that, see if he'll try and make it up to you with more cuddls and kisses.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

LOL! I used to have that same black thumb.

And if it were me, I'd show dismay, but secretly be amused.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

LOL, I kill everything. I really do. We marvel that the boy is still alive. But, I've got a "lucky" bamboo that's been living up to it's name for two years. It's the only thing that has survived my rampage of green terror, lol.

The roses sound lovely!
Dee

By Blogger Dee Tenorio, at 1:59 PM  

How sweet of Dh!! I can't keep green things alive for very long either.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  

I was guessing you would figure out that last comment to be me! ;-)
Shriek

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

Hail fellow plant killer.

Not only am I death to all plants - my cat views all greenery to be his - shredding all to bits and spreading them around the house.

Live plants or flowers rarely appear in my home either.

Enjoy the beautiful roses from your sweet guy.

Lori :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

My mohter has a very green thumb. She finally stopped giving me plants. BUT! I have a Jasmine that's been alive for 1 year now! And a clivia that borders on suicide occasionally. My mom took heart and gave me an orchid. I remember it sometimes. I keep telling people--children before animals and plants.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 4:15 PM  

LOL... Enjoy the flowers. At least you know they're going to die, no matter what you do, so you don't have to feel guilty when it happens! :-)

By Blogger April, at 11:45 PM  

Oh, I love roses. Bet they're gorgeous. For a minute. *ggg*

Kidding, just kidding!
Just enjoy them, hon. Your dh sounds wonderful. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 AM  

Tell him he just needs to give you flowers more often! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich