Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Resolutions

Monday, January 02, 2006
Yeah, right.

Anyway, in contrast to my usual trend in resolutionizing, i.e. my home will be white-glove perfect 365 days of the year and I will write 3000 words/day, 7 days/wk -- all deathless prose that doesn't need no steenkin' editor, I've set more reachable goals. I hope.

I resolve to be on time for appointments and events.

I resolve to reduce my weight to 135 lbs. As of today, that'll be a 16 lb loss.

I resolve to exercise 5 days/wk for at least 20 min/day, no matter what. Whether it's the bike, pilates or walking. (psst -- I was on the bike for 1/2 hour this morning!)

I resolve to write 5 days/wk, no matter what.

I resolve to be online less. (Note that there is nothing specific here, just "less.")

I resolve to make a housecleaning schedule and stick to it.

I resolve to clip coupons more diligently and shop as much as possible at the commissary.

I resolve to yell at my children less and play with them more.

I resolve to drink more coffee -- just because I like to drink coffee.

I resolve to listen to more music.
1/02/2006 09:15:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

Wow, those are some killer resolutions, Sela! They make my goals look puny in comparison. :-0

I especially liked your weight loss goal. Hell, if I weighed what you do--before the weight loss--I’d be thrilled! LOL

Here’s wishing that every one of your hopes and dreams for 2006 comes to fruition. :-D

By Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs, at 1:28 PM  

Wonderful resolutions, Sela. You are to be applauded!

(pssst...wanna put my address on your housecleaning schedule? No? Oh, alright...) :-/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

LOL, my house looks like the rainy day outside, so you're welcome to add my address as well. :)

I like your resolutions. My body goes into apopleptic fit when I try to lose weight. I've got roughly 20 to lose (25 if I want to be unrealistic) but that's on my goal list too!

here's to writing without eating!
Best of luck in the new year!
Dee

By Blogger Dee Tenorio, at 2:05 PM  

Great list of resolutions! You can do it.
Have a great 2006!

By Blogger K.A.S., at 8:50 PM  

Good luck with those, Sela!

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 8:18 AM  

Now your resolutions make mine look a bit ... unresolution like.

For some reason I don't think I'm changing my list though.

Maybe I'll tweak here and there.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 5:02 PM  

I'm irresolute.
Maybe I should resolve to refer to the dog hair in the hall as our new carpet.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich