Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


General Stuff Post

Wednesday, August 24, 2005
1. I got a boo-boo. I were rearranging furniture this weekend and I pulled a muscle in the top of my thigh pretty badly. It hurts to go down stairs more than it hurts to go up. It felt better today, but still watery and weak.

2. I am approximately 80% done with my edits. I must revise a scene that all my CPs said could use more tension and I'll be virtually finished, except for the synopsis I haven't completed yet.

3. I cleaned house like a demon today and got the living areas livable again. I've got 2 paper bags full of books to take to the UBS this week now. I'm being utterly ruthless with my Keeper shelf. I've finally decided to get rid of several series of books that I was keeping only because I actually had all of them. Seriously. I was never going to read them again, I just had finally collected them all. *tsk tsk* That's sad.

4. Last night, dessert was a Chipotle Apple Pecan Cake. Check this month's issue of Better Homes & Gardens. Delish!

5. Yesterday I went to my first OCSC meeting at the Air Force Base. OCSC = Officers and Civilians Spouses Club. I'm probably missing an apostrophe or two in there. Anyway, since this office doesn't have a wive's group, (I do miss that about being in a flying squadron) I figured this was the best way for me to keep up with what's going on. Wives know all the best stuff anyway. It's kind of a long way from home, but they only meet every other month, so it's not too big a hardship.

It was fun. The group I sat with at brunch included at least two other women who had married the same time I did and had kids the same age as mine. Kinda serendipitous. We complained about deployments and it felt good to talk to people who spoke the same language.

6. And dd came home with a smiley face in her agenda book for the 2nd day in a row! That means that she finished all her schoolwork during class time! YAY!!!

I think that's it. MIL arrives on Saturday, so I have to keep up this whirlwind of cleaning. She's not the stickler my mom is, but still.
8/24/2005 08:56:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

{{{HUGS}}} on the owie. Your husband sounds like mine. Such wonderful advice!

WOO HOO on the editing, dd's smiley face and the OCSC meeting. And I'm guilty of the same type of book collecting. I really need to get rid of a load of books.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 PM  

Men, lol. All the same.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 PM  

I can't believe you people get rid of your books. What is wrong with you? LOL I think you'd have to pry my books out of my cold, dead hands to make me willingly part with any of them. (Except duplicates)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM  

I'm jealous of the women that get to hang out with you. I really enjoyed your company in Reno - you're such a hoot!

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 8:33 AM  

Don't you mean hootERS? LOL! I was good at the coffee and kept my cleavage under control.

And Danica, don't you think it's time for your doc to adjust those OCD meds for you? *gg* I'll be getting rid of almost 100 books this trip. If I ever want to get new ones, I've got to make some room!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:17 AM  

Shhh... don't talk about those meds. Really. I was just there yesterday and he gave me the "let's discuss birth control" talk again. We don't need no more OCD talks. LOL

And I am actually getting rid of some of mine. Um, the duplicates. I've finally convinced myself that I only need one copy of each book. Especially the ones that I only bought copy two and copy three by accident.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

Yay on the smilies for your daughter! And good luck with the revisions. I feel your pain on that. I'm 1/3 of the way done with mine...lots more to go!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich