Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


The business card thing is back again

Sunday, June 26, 2005
Here's my latest attempt.

Sela Carsen
Writing Paranormal Romantic Comedy

A zombie, a vampire and a guidance counselor walk out of a cemetery...
OR
A werewolf, a librarian and an ancient grimoire with attitude...

E-mail: selacarsen@hotmail.com
Blog: http://selacarsen.blogspot.com


I took out my real name and my personal address information and added brief tags of the finished story and the one I'm currently working on.

Does it make sense? Is it funny? Or am I just too close?

And yes, I'm obsessing about this. I could also obsess about my weight, the fact that NONE of the clothes in my closet fit me, the fact that I have only EVER finished one story and didn't sign up for a pitch since NO ONE is going to take me seriously as a writer anyway because I really am just a dilettante hausfrau tapping out chirpy little stories and piddling away money on this conference.

Believe me. Obsessing about business cards is much safer.
6/26/2005 10:53:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

welcome home! I like the first tagline.

By Blogger Nell Dixon, at 4:27 PM  

I like the second tagline because a) it's intriguing and b) it makes me laugh.

The only thing that puts me off is 'hotmail.com'. Unfair or not, I associate it with the spam problem.

[If you'd like a gmail account, email me on applecross9 @ gmail.com for an invite.]

By Blogger lost, at 8:55 PM  

I'm no help... I like them both, and I still want you to put "ask me about my romzomcom" (what was the other syllable?) on it. ;-)

Hope you get to escape suburbia someday. My parents stayed in the burbs for our sakes. Except that as soon as my brother and I were old enough, we got away from there as fast as we could, and they ended up staying until retirement.

They're happy now, but... they didn't have to stay so long, you know?

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 6:11 AM  

Honestly, I didn't know those were tags from your stories until you said so. I thought you were describing yourself in a (very) weird way.

As for the email, I agree that the hotmail one makes you look unprofessional. Get a domain (yes, one of those .com) and then have your email sent to your own email address.

By Blogger Silma, at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich