Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Drum roll please....

Sunday, May 08, 2005
The Worst Ever, Ever, Ever Heroine Name Ever Award goes to...

Vyrgynne St. Sebastienne!

I'll take Helpless Virgins with Noble Blood and Way Too Many Consonants for $300, Alex!

I swear to you I could not make this shit up. I'm not even going to tell you the author or the name of the book because I'm so embarrassed on her behalf. I have no idea if the book is any good or not because when I saw this name on the back cover blurb -- after I fought down the nausea and hysterics -- I put it back on the shelf. Actually, I hid it under several other books on the shelf. If I'd been thinking clearly, I would have purchased it, then burned it despite all the hateful issues I have about burning books. This is The Name That Never Should Have Been.

After that, I swear I'll never make fun of another weirdly shortened name I see anywhere. I promise.

Maybe her heroes name was Bane.

(P.S. Can somebody tell me how to write the possessive of hero?)
5/08/2005 03:00:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 11 Comments

11 Comments:

LOL--hero's...now, can you tell me the plural of ottoman? OttoMEN or ottomans? Ottomi?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

That is seriously a freakin horrid name.

What were they thinking?

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 10:27 AM  

If you had one of those 'shocked' smilies or 'wtf' smilies, I'd used a row of them right here. lol

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 5:30 PM  

LOL Can you tell us the publisher of the book so that we know to stay far far far away?

By Blogger Katrina Glover, at 12:25 PM  

I had a cat named Vyrgynne St. Sebastienne once...

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 9:40 AM  

"Hero's".

And "ottomans". (It doesn't have the same etymology as "man".)

And that name really bites.

Was she a vyrgynne? And wasn't it St. Sebastian? Or St. Sebastien? Wouldn't it be Ste. Sebastienne if there were a female version? It's just too, too wrong.

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 11:57 AM  

Actually, I rather wondered if maybe she shouldn't change her name after the boinking. Maybe something like Notte Ay Vyrgynne Annyemmore St. Sebastienne.

And thanks, Julie. I knew I hadn't gotten it right. You're also right about the Ste. Sebastienne. The whole thing is a travesty of wrongness.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 2:10 PM  

>>Notte Ay Vyrgynne Annyemmore St. Sebastienne.

*snicker* let this be a lesson to you girls. Lay OFF the crack pipe when writing.

By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 7:19 PM  

Whoa! That's a mouthful! *lol* But I've got a worst one, ready?

Shayratannashkagennalice

Try saying that without stopping for air!

By Blogger Silma, at 2:00 PM  

Can you say tongue tied? I wonder if the editor who allowed her to keep the name forgot their spectacles that day.. we shouldn't be mean, at least she's published.. that more than I can say for me. :)

By Blogger Jax Cassidy, at 2:57 AM  

o.O

Please, please tell me this was not in a published novel ... please ...

*whimper*

By Blogger Nonny Blackthorne, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich