Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Tag, I'm IT!

Sunday, May 01, 2005
Dana tagged me so here goes.

If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a backup dancer...
If I could be a llama-rider...
If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be a midget stripper...
If I could be a proctologist...
If I could be a TV-Chat Show host...
If I could be an actor...
If I could be a judge...
If I could be a Jedi...
If I could be a mob boss...
If I could be a backup singer...
If I could be a CEO...
If I could be a movie reviewer....


If I could be a gardener...I'd figure out how to keep my stupid roses from dying. I'd plant red tulips and bright yellow daffodils everywhere and bring in armfulls of blossoms each day. I'd have only a tiny spot of lawn and the rest would be taken over by small landscapes. I'd have a grove of willows dipping their long fingers into a musical stream, lush ferns and moss covered stones lending their cool green smell to the air. I'd have a knot garden of herbs so that every morning I could stop and brush my hands over their fragrant leaves to release their sharp, lovely scents.

If I could be a chef...I'd work at a small restaurant of no more than 10 tables so that I could take my time preparing works of edible art and each patron would feel cherished and special. I would be able to chop an onion in a minute and never cry. I'd need truckloads of garlic shipped in to give my dishes a robust flavor. I'd have pots of fresh herbs waiting to be snipped, to add their distinctiveness to each dish. I'd laugh every time I flambeed something because the fire would be my creation. I would make pots and pots of lobster bisque, potato soup and creamy borscht every day through fall and winter to keep everyone warm in body and soul. And I'd have my dh be the pastry chef.

If I could be a linguist...I'd speak with the whole world. I would sit at a cafe in Rome and be seduced by liquid Italian vowels. I'd lean on a pillar of the Pont de Neuf in Paris and listen to women charm their lovers with Gallic ease. I'd hear dark Spaniards speak with their eyes as well as their tongues. And I'd ban German forever.

If I could be a musician...I'd hold audiences spellbound with the power and purity of my voice. I would make old men cry at its depth and make young men line up to listen for me to speak their names. Women would stand and hold peace in their hearts for the moments of my song. To shout with joy, to scream with rage, to mourn the sad fate of the world -- all would be part of the music I made.

If I could be a librarian...I would stock the shelves with books that nurtured not only the mind, but the heart. I would recommend Jane Austen to businessmen. I would recommend Solzhenitsyn to loud, disrespectful patrons. I would recommend Big Red and The Black Stallion and How To Eat Fried Worms to every child. I would swim in piles and piles of books. I would spend my time dipping randomly into pages of books I've never seen or heard of before. I would make the copy machines free and easy to use. I would let people check out as many books as they wanted. I would create a system to return books to the library the day they were due, even if I had to make a deal with the devil.

I'm tagging Vanessa, Julie, and Briana. Pick 5 and tag someone else!
5/01/2005 10:59:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

Oh, Sela. Your's was much better than mine. I was in a hurry and just jotted down something. I loved you words. Especially, the part about laughing at the flames because you made them. Wonderful prose!

By Blogger Dana, at 6:33 PM  

You evil woman. I had to think all day. *eg*

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 11:07 PM  

Yeah. You're a much better damn writer than I am. More ambitious, too. I just talked about clam sauce.

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 1:32 PM  

ROFL I got tagged on this one, too!

By Blogger Brenda, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich