Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Good Monday Morning!

Monday, August 13, 2007
I'm a morning person, generally. I roll out of bed and hit the floor running, it seems. I am even capable of functioning without coffee, as unlikely as that sounds.

I even like Monday mornings. They always feel so fresh to me. Like January 1 every week. Today seems like a day full of possibilities and I'm excited!

First, the Blogging Challenge begins today. Hence, I blog. Hello, world!

Second, Candace Haven's two week Fast Draft starts today, too. Eeek! I committed to 10 pages a day. These first few days will be tough, especially as I'm not doing the "fend for yourself, family" thing. I've done that before when I'm on deadline, but I try to make sure I only do it when I have no other choice. I figure if I keep the natives happy while I can, then I can impose when I have to.

Speaking of keeping the natives happy, there are plenty of chores to be done today. Haircuts, cleaning bathrooms, grocery shopping.

Remember that Camp Write-A-Lot thing I mentioned in my last post? I, umm, got the date wrong. Yeah. That's embarrassing. At least I caught it before I left the house with my bucket of tabbouleh. It's this coming weekend.

Anyway, that's my Monday. Y'all have a great day now, y'hear?
8/13/2007 08:52:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 9 Comments

9 Comments:

Hi, Sela! I have family junk today too. Must register my eighth grader at school today. He also has an orthodontist appt. Tomorrow is the seventh grader's turn to register, and then we're all leaving on vacation until Sunday.

If I wrote 10 pages a day for two weeks, you'd have to publish my book posthumously.

By Blogger Kate Willoughby, at 9:39 AM  

Mmmm. tabbouleh. Care to send a bucket my way? :)

I'm so fortunate in that my kids are getting older and really can fend for themselves in a pinch! My husband says I still don't ask them to do enough around the house, though. They'll clean their bathroom (but I sneak in afterward and "do it right"), do their laundry (but not fold it, so who knows what's clean??), and cook a meal (mac and cheese, and I clean up the mess). *sigh*

By Blogger Carolan Ivey, at 9:59 AM  

LOL I've done it before and it's not pretty, but after you get over the fiction induced psychosis, it feels wonderful!!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:00 AM  

Carolan, I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do more of that! Thus far, they only have to take care of the dog, put their own laundry away, and keep their rooms clean. Since dd is going to be in 5th grade,though, I guess she's old enough to take on a few extra chores. Maybe I should teach her to fold!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:02 AM  

I even like Monday mornings.

Good Lord, woman--don't you know there's a law against that?!

By Blogger raine, at 1:22 PM  

I have tons of family stuff to do, too...

By Blogger Shari, at 4:32 PM  

Love that - Jan 1st everyweek :) That's the best take on Mondays I've heard yet, though, for me all the days seem to run together.....

By Blogger Heather, at 7:38 PM  

I really envy your love of Monday mornings. I try each week to embrace it, yet we just can't seem to get along:)

Good luck with your challenges! I'm wishing I had committed to a smaller number of pages right now...lol. Can you tell I adore Mondays?

By Blogger Cara Carnes, at 7:50 PM  

You should join shelfari.

You don't have to put all your books on your shelf. Only aa many as you want.
It is just a social network devoted to books.
It is very addictive.
It operates a negative check off system with your address book. Basically, you need to follow directions if you decide to invite anyone...

And I find once I get into 10 pages per day, it starts flowing. It is when I am doing the 2-3 pages per day that my muse wants to pack up.

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich