Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


I'm tired.

Friday, August 10, 2007
Being controversial is exhausting, which is why I don't do it very often. Still, I was glad to see people step in and tell us how they felt about RWAs latest backhand. See, it's difficult to separate Jill Limber from RWA. Not least because I can't find anyone else from the board disagreeing with her in public. And I've looked!

In any case, it's time for me to get back to being me, the writer mom, instead of me, the rabble-rouser writer mom. Rousing the rabble is fun, but time consuming. *gg*

Next week, I'm starting two...no, three challenges.

1. I'm doing Candace Haven's Fast Draft thingy. I haven't even read all the instructions yet, but I can't seem to turn down a dare. Must be my frame of mind this week.

2. I'm doing a blog challenge with Emma Petersen and some other Divas. I have to blog every day (except weekends) for two weeks and visit five blogs a day. See above re: dares.

3. The kids start school this week. You know what's a pain in the butt? Trying to buy jeans for little boys who are skinny with long legs. Nothing. Fits. And I don't sew. Really don't sew. After several botched jobs, dh had to take over sewing his own rank and patches on flight suits, or hiring it out. I'm a miserable failure as a seamstress. Which is odd, considering that my mother and aunt are absolute geniuses at it. Ah well. Another one of life's little mysteries.

In addition, tomorrow is MORWA's Camp Write-A-Lot. I have to go make tabbouleh. Shirl Henke and her husband will be helping us write fight scenes -- YAY! I spend a lot of time choreographing mine, preferably when no one is home but the dog. And he still looks at me funny.

So unless someone else pisses me off (it's been happening a lot lately. Are people getting ruder or am I just getting more sensitive?) I'll be back to happy blogging for a while.
8/10/2007 10:04:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

You couldn't use that iron on sew stuff?

And for the kidlet, can you find hin the jeans with the elastic and buttons on the inside of the waist band? Got some for my skinny lad at JC Penny, and they bring the pants in just enough.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 5:19 PM  

The 6 slims fit him (after I pull in the elastic-button waist band), but they're too short. The 7 slims are about 3" too long and they swamp him! He's in a tough to fit size right now. I might have to get my mom to do some creative tailoring. For a 6yo!!

I didn't get to JC Penney, yet. I might have to go next week.

And the iron on sew stuff doesn't hold up well on flight suits. Believe me. I tried!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 5:33 PM  

Dude--yer gonna blog everday, read 5 blogs,write 20 pages, and do a workshop?

So....are you also planning on sprinkling crack on your Wheaties in the morning? How else will you keep up?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

LOL I'm not *giving* a workshop! And like a dork, I wrote down the wrong date. The camp isn't until next Saturday. D'oh!

I don't eat Wheaties. I prefer Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs. And I don't use milk. I just pour coffee over them. *gg*

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:59 AM  

Oh my gosh, I was the worst Boy Scout mom ever - I resorted to fabric glue to affix my son's patches to his uniform. LOL

Because my husband Has No Butt, his work pants need to be altered. He buys them, brings them home and tosses them at me to sew up. I'm like, "Um, do you think just because I have a womb, that I should somehow intuitively know how to do this??" Yeah, so my Mom is a professional seamstress. I didn't inherit that gene, thanks. :)

By Blogger Carolan Ivey, at 10:03 AM  

That's what I did with dd's Brownie vest, Carolan! Bad seamstresses of the world, Unite!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich