Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Yesterday and Today

Thursday, December 14, 2006
Three new pages!
Plus, I've:
1. Learned a lot more about Russian topography, steppes and both the Caucassus and Ural mountain ranges.
2. Re-learned how to say Thank you (spasibo) and You're welcome (p'zhalsta) in Russian.
3. Learned about the Godolphin Arabian (dd's book report on "King of the Wind").
4. Learned a little about swords, swordfighting and fencing.
5. Learned that some people take Wikipedia awfully seriously.
6. Wondered worriedly if there's more promo I could for Not Quite Dead. Duh! Of course there is! I just can't narrow it down. A surfeit of options and I'm frozen in the midst of them.


Today I'm going to:
1. Chat in her class today about figurative language. I have the horrid feeling that they're learning to use adjectives and adverbs as frequently and liberally as possible. Must be diplomatic about that.
2. Wrap presents and send boxes.
3. Finish addressing Christmas cards, mail out the international ones and get cute stamps for the rest.
4. Keep banging my head against my website. It neither feels good nor does it accomplish anything. It's just something I have to do.

Yep. That's it.

Also, I just discovered that Not Quite Dead is on sale at My Bookstore and More for only $2.98! Hurry, Bargain Shoppers!
12/14/2006 09:52:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 12 Comments

12 Comments:

um. it is my opinion Promo should be a four letter word. :)

I think there should be a university designed for writers. "Russia for writers" and "Russian for writers", so we could learn just what we need to for our stories :)

By Blogger Dayna_Hart, at 12:17 PM  

Chekhov used to be good.

But then the other day, somebody asked me, "Who is Chekhov?"

I did plagiarize "The Lady With the Dog" one day.
Sent it out. Was rejected.
Ah well. If they reject Chekhov...

By Blogger ivan, at 12:52 PM  

p.s.:

Once my Black Icon novel came out, some green-eyed fellow-journalists said I'd plagiarized that one too.
"How do you plagiarize a life," I'd asked.
P.p.s.:

I am a fan of Not Quite Dead.
I have only now gotten my Mastercard back after years of a bad rep...Am a cautious camel about using it on My Bookstore.

By Blogger ivan, at 12:55 PM  

How cool to learn Russian. I actually like doing research while writing a book. I get to learn things I wouldn't have bothered with otherwise. I will definitely put your book on my to read list.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 PM  

Dayna, I'm a little shocked that I'm so bad at promo, since I used to work at an ad agency. But I'm just overwhelmed with options! It's like having a litter of kittens climb up your legs -- you can't tell one claw from another, but they all hurt!

I took a semester of Russian for fun, but ran out of time to pursue it further. It was so different from the other languages I'd learned.

Ivan, LOL at rejecting Chekhov! And I understand being wary of using that card. Be careful with it!

S Will -- all e-books at MBAM are 15% off until Christmas Eve!

I love doing research, AJ, but I get stuck in the weeds instead of staying on track! I'm hoping to finish it up fairly soon so I can polish and send it out into the Big Bad World.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:21 PM  

I wish I had the time to learn another language. Languages and dialects are so intriguing.

Cool on your book! Love the title.

By Blogger Zinnia, at 8:09 AM  

The few Russian words I know are distinctly ni kulturni.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:27 AM  

Bernita:

Nyet.

By Blogger ivan, at 9:57 AM  

I have issues with promo too. I'm learning but it's slooooooow. It must be cool to see your book in your local bookstore. How awesome is that?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

I wish I knew! I find a little green-eyed monster nibbling at me from time to time because my stories are too short to get into print. *sigh*

Maybe after I finish Daughter of Privilege I'll drag Richard from NQD centerstage. Sequel city, here we come!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:10 AM  

For a long time, my best Russian phrase was "Ya nye ponyemayu russky-yaziki." Which means, "I don't understand Russian." I never learned any of the, er, more flavorful words!

Zinnia, I grew up speaking Spanish, learned Norwegian when I was 4, then forgot it again when we moved back to the US. Took up French in college because I wanted to read passages of Jane Eyre, minored in Spanish because it was easy and German because I wanted a challenge.

Certifiable, I tell ya! But now I can work out any Romance language, given enough time.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:20 AM  

I remember 'eta fact' from my university russian class. It means it's a fact, but 'fact' sounds definitely...cuss-wordy in Russian.

I refuse to think about Promotion any more until after Christmas. I'm hoping Santa will leave all the secrets under my tree.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich