Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Meet Me in St Louis!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Good grief. Could I be more cliched, do you think?

Anyway, we're here! Still doing the long stay hotel thing, but we should close on the house in a couple of weeks. God willing. A couple of repairs have to be made according to the home inspection, so we'll see what the seller is willing to do to make that happen.

The kids are in school. Yesterday was their first day and when I picked them up, they were full of good news and new friends. I'm so happy for them! Ds is the kind of kid who could make friends in Timbuktu. The kindergarten class had been told on Monday that he was coming, so when he arrived, they kind of mobbed him. He was fine. When he was hanging up his jacket and backpack, I heard another little boy tell him, "Ok, I'll be your friend." LOL!

Dd's class seems really great, too. She was so excited to get there and learn how they did things. And everyone seemed to be looking forward to meeting her, so it feels like they were predisposed to be really nice. The entire class has computers! This is new for us. Her previous school had a computer room that everyone used once a week for computer class. Here, there's one desktop computer for every two students! I'm totally impressed.

I've been spending time driving around and getting lost and finding my way again. I found a Borders bookstore near the new house and wandered in yesterday to see what they had. There were only one or two Borders stores in SC. Why am I so interested in Borders? They carry Samhain titles! I was so excited to see so many of my fellow Samhellions in print!! Really cool stuff.

So today is really the first day that I'll be able to sit down and do any writing. In between laundry, that is. I'm making a new resolution (I'm bad at resolutions, but I keep making them) to spend less time online and more time writing. I'll still bloghop, but maybe not quite as much as before. But I've spent my limit online today just catching up here and there, so I'll be poking my head in again tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post! I read them all and it was so sweet to read all your messages. Y'all are great friends. And to Immi, who finally read Not Quite Dead -- thank you! Your comment made my week!!
10/18/2006 11:01:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 10 Comments

10 Comments:

Isn't moving fun? Good for you and so glad your kids are settling in well. It makes it all worth it.

By Blogger Michelle, at 7:26 PM  

aaawww kids are so cute! If only it was that easy to make friends as adults.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 AM  

All good omens!

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:02 AM  

Sounds as if it's all going well.
Immi
x

By Blogger Unknown, at 12:31 PM  

Ah,
You can use the hotel computer!

By Blogger ivan, at 2:30 PM  

Oh I am so pleased that it sounds like it is working out for you!

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 5:09 AM  

We hit a bump yesterday with the buyer and it looked like the whole deal was going to fall through! Made for an interesting afternoon, let me tell you.

But it's all worked out now and everything seems to be going according to schedule. Whew!

Thanks Amanda!

William -- :) back atcha!

Michelle, actually, yeah! I enjoy moving. The kids are settling beautifully.

Aimee, they're having a great time. It was so cute to see all the little people clustered together around him. It didn't even faze him!

I'll take all the good omens I can get, Bernita.

So far, so good, Immi.

Yay for wireless internet, Ivan! I'm on the laptop. I discovered too late that it doesn't support my flash drive, though, so I actually have to hook up the desktop to work on the wip!

Thanks, Michelle. One day at a time.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:33 AM  

Doh! I meant seller. Hit a bump with the seller. Yeesh.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:34 AM  

Yeah. Nervous-making time when you think there may be a double-cross and you're worried somebody might run off with the downstroke on the house or the seller might change his mind. I've gone through it three times and the very last time, I said hang it, sold the last house and went on to a life of happy dissipation.
" Why did you do that, Dad?"
"Must be the bad genes of some ancestor."
"Hope I don't end up with them."

By Blogger ivan, at 12:50 PM  

Sela, I'm glad things are going so well, but...living in a hotel with kids?! You must be extremely adaptable. I don't envy you. :D Fingers crossed you get settled ahead of schedule!

By Blogger Robin L. Rotham, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich