Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Editing Cave

Wednesday, July 05, 2006
I got my edits! Good comments -- helpful hints -- places that need to be shored up and smoothed out.

My tendency to write tightly has apparently overcome common sense once or twice and suddenly people are appearing fully dressed or completely nekkid where in the paragraph previous they were otherwise attired.

Also, my black moment is lame. But I can fix that! Thank God she called me on it, though. It's like in school when you'd turn in an essay that had a weak spot and you'd pray the teacher would just skim over it -- and when she didn't, you'd think, "Oh crap. Better fix it." But you knew it would be better after you did?

Yeah. That.

So this weekend I'll be editing and taking breaks to toss food down the Monkey Children's gullets.
7/05/2006 10:39:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

Good luck with the edits - always good to be called on the things you need to fix. A good editor pushes you to your best.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 1:16 AM  

Yay on receiving edits. It feels good to make your story stronger.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 AM  

Thanks, Sandra. I'm very happy with my editor and all the things she's caught. She knows her stuff!

Jorrie, yes it does! It's like taking a chunk of charcoal and turning it into a diamond.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich