Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Today

Friday, June 30, 2006
Tuesday was great. I've lived in SC for almost 2 yrs and that was the first time I'd been to Charleston. We were downtown at the Gibbes Art Museum and the kids had a great time learning a little bit about Japanese culture. While they did that, a friend and I walked around -- she'd gone to grad school there -- so she was a great guide. Somewhat reminiscent of New Orleans, but smaller. We were completely wiped out when we got home.

Wednesday and Thursday kind of bit. Trying to maintain a semblance of sanity, trying to tidy in the wake of a tornado. I finally got overwhelmed with all the things I can't control. Ordinarily, I just try to keep my head above water, knowing that land isn't far away. But the last couple of days, it all fell away. I was sure I was sinking.

I felt wretched when I went to bed last night, but I slept fairly well and woke up feeling a lot more positive.

So. Onward and upward. I will control what I can, and let the rest sort itself out. And now, coffee.
6/30/2006 08:42:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 9 Comments

9 Comments:

For some reason, I meet more and more people from SC here in the Toronto area.
Great folks.
To Charleston, to Charleston!
Love ya all.

By Blogger ivan, at 12:34 PM  

Ohh , a whole new bathroom. I've becoem addicted to renovation shows on TV lately. LOL

You've got the right attitude. Just hang in there.

By Blogger Sasha White, at 1:36 PM  

"I will control what I can, and let the rest sort itself out."

Great philosophy Sela. It's all you can really do, isn't it?!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 5:15 PM  

Sandra,
My neighours from England always say things gererally work out for the best.
I am not a crime writer, but I have met criminals.
Love that riff they do on the old
"if you love something, let it go.
If it was meant to be, it will come back to you."
Oh yeah?

"IF IT DOESN'T COME BACK TO YOU, HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT."

...I did write a noel once about a man obsessed with a woman, but he didn't want to kill her. Just bed her.

By Blogger ivan, at 9:22 PM  

(((Sela))) Glad you are feeling better about everything. And yes, it will work out in the end.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 AM  

There are worse things than having to break in a new bathroom. CHampagne, bubble bath, music, puts you in the mood for writing, no?

By Blogger Babe King, at 6:49 AM  

Sounds like we have the same house/hubby ;)

By Blogger Danica Favorite, at 9:52 PM  

Perfect, Sela - control what you can, consign the rest to a higher authority. ;-)

When I say that, I sound really pious. Actually, I'm more likely to shout at God: YOU'RE the omnipotent one! YOU sort it!

;-)

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 7:23 AM  

Thanks, y'all. Anna, don't you just wish! Seems like it would make things easier. Apparently, though, we're supposed to learn from our trials. Bummer. ;)

Danica, want to trade for a while? They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. *gg*

Babe, alas, the grout needs to cure before I can take a proper bath, but I'm looking forward to it!

Julie, thanks. Now go rest and grow a baby!

Ivan, the state dance of SC is the Shag, not the Charleston!

Sandra, I'm always so flattered when you visit my blog! I've been lurking at yours -- shame on me.

Sasha, the one thing I envy most about those DIY shows is how quickly everything seems to come together. This has been in the making since April!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich