Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Still here

Thursday, June 22, 2006
Sorry, y'all. I hate starting blog posts like that.

I've been meaning to blog for a couple of days but night before last I lifted with my knees and my back screamed in protest. I didn't sleep at all the first night, so I caught up on all the Justice League episodes I had on the DVR.

Yes, I watch the Justice League. Wanna make somethin' of it? Batman has that brooding Alpha thing down pat. And all the male characters have these beautiful deep voices. I read somewhere once that while men like things they can see, women are led to the bedroom by the ears. Pathetic, but probably true. Have a guy say all the right things and we'd fall, no matter what he looked like. (Well, unless he, like, smelled rank or something. But that's different.)

I also watched most of "The Village," which, I guess, is a horror movie by M. Night Shamalayan or whatever the heck his name is -- same guy who did "Signs". Sucked. The big secrets were just tricks, gimmicks. I hate that. If you're going to set up a big, scary mystery, you had better not skip over it at the end with a raspberry and a "Fooled ya!"

I had a constant stream of ibuprofen yesterday, but still hurt so much I couldn't concentrate.

I finally read the new Crusie/Mayer book DON'T LOOK DOWN. It was good. It was funny and the military stuff felt very realistic. Since Mayer is an honest-to-God Special Forces type guy, it better be. His experience showed and I enjoyed it. The main characters were very well-drawn, but there was a cast of thousands. That detracted, I thought.

I did sleep last night, but woke up practically paralyzed with pain. Half an hour on a heating pad this morning, 3 ibuprofen and a massage helped immensely.

Today we went to the local Parade of Homes. Dang. If I had an extra quarter of a mil, I might buy one of them. One of them had a full-size fridge and full-size freezer side-by-side. I swear, if I wrote culinary erotica, one of those would feature heavily. Cooks know whereof I speak.

Monkey Boy has his last swimming lesson in about half an hour, and the Monkey Princess is at her gymnastics lesson right now. My kids are busier now than they are during the school year. Might squeeze in a trip to the zoo next week or something.

At swimming lessons, I've been writing DAUGHTER OF PRIVILEGE. It's going really well right now. I love my hero. I knew very little about him when I wrote the scene the story is built on. In fact, he was a bit of a stereotype. Wouned warrior. Strong but silent. Nuh-uh.

Turns out he's got a seriously snark on for my heroine, who eventually gets to fire back. At first, he thinks she's a complete idiot, but there's a really good reason for that. Trust me, if you were in her situation, you wouldn't come off looking too great either. I'm also breaking a romance convention. You know how even though the heroine might look like a complete disaster, the hero can only ever see her beauty?

Bull. My girl is a wreck and they both know it. Don't you hate that feeling? That not only does the guy you're with think you're not too bright, but you also look bad? Or am I the only person that ever happens to?

I should have done some writing during The Monkey Princess' swim lesson this morning, but I started re-reading Angela Knight's JANE'S WARLORD. I still love that book.
6/22/2006 04:25:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 8 Comments

8 Comments:

Sela, when do you sleep? You sound SO busy!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 8:39 PM  

I empathise. I am doing the house touring too. And I hope you feel better. \

BTW, if you find that extra quarter mil? Can you how me where? I would love that setup.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 9:35 PM  

(((Sela))) I hope you feel better soon, hon. Real soon.

My current hero doesn't see the beauty of my heroine until about chapter four. He doesn't think she's an idiot though. You've got one up on me there.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 AM  

Ooo, I like the sound of your story!

Feel better soon, Sela.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 AM  

Glad to hear DOP is moving along!

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 8:22 AM  

Sympathies for the pain.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:57 AM  

Thanks everyone. I took it easy all day yesterday and still feel like crap.

On the other hand, I'm finally getting paid back for all the back and neck rubs I've given dh. If I'm not better by tomorrow, I'll probably head to the doc on Monday morning.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:53 AM  

Ps. Everyone likes you!

By Blogger WagerWitch, at 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich