Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Ok, People. It's Crunch Time

Thursday, November 17, 2005
I love deadlines. Seriously. Being a stay-at-home mom, time begins to mean very little beyond getting children out the door and then back in on a day-to-day basis. Most "deadlines" are pretty arbitrary -- even seasonal. But now I've got my eye on the calendar.

Thanksgiving is less than a week away. My mother is coming to visit on Nov 30, the week after T-Day. And my plumbing is possessed.

We'll start with the plumbing saga. A few weeks ago, I tried to drain the bathtub and water (nothing else, praise be) started bubbling up in the shower and the toilet. I called a plumber who yanked a tree root out of an outside pipe. Problem solved, right? Not so much. Two nights ago, the guest bath downstairs flooded. Mopped up, waited for water level to recede before I plunged. In the meantime, the master bath toilet was flushed and the GUEST bath toilet overflowed in response, which I didn't realize until I went in to plunge some time later and discovered water ALL OVER the floor. Up to the hallway what-do-you-call-it. That little piece of wood that marks the transition between tile bathroom floor and hardwood hall.

I sopped up the water, taking extra care to dry that little bit of wood, but apparently I was too late. Water had seeped out under the hardwood floor in the hall. Lucky bloody me. I spent the next hour and half walking on towels up and down the hall trying to draw up water. When a neighbor called, I asked if I could borrow a portable fan to help dry it out. It worked and the damage in the hallway is minimal. Thank God.

Today, the tank in the upstairs bath overflowed. The water tank, not the toilet. WTF?!? Have I offended the plumbing gods in some way? I turned off the water, sopped up the mess. I am getting TIRED of washing towels!

Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure we're not having anyone over, but that could change.

And my mother is coming. She is finally coming to terms with my slovenliness, but still. I need to clean. Not only is she a compulsive neat-nik, she also enjoys ironing. She says it's relaxing. Hey. I'm not going to complain.

While she's here, I want to take her to the Holiday Bazaar down at the State Fairgrounds. I love those things! So many cute little doo-dads. I can knock out a good chunk of my Christmas shopping there. Shriek -- look out. I'll see if I can't find a lighthouse for you. *gg*

I got some very useful critiques re: Christmas Music, so I'll revise and send it out early next week. Now that I've started submitting things, it's addicting. I feel like I need a lot more stuff out there!

I also exercised today. Half an hour on the bike. I've gained weight in the last month and it's getting so I don't have clothes to wear. Gotta get it done.

I love having a deadline! So motivating.
11/17/2005 09:54:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

*Hugz* on the plumbing. Our toilet upstairs has been giving us trouble for about a year. It needs to be replaced.

By Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series, at 10:35 AM  

I hope you get the plumbing figured out!

Charleston sounds like fun!

The rest of your day sounds really productive. YAY You!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

Yuck on the plumbing! It certainly sounds like it's possessed!!

And Charleston....oh, I love Charleston! Hit Market Street for some shopping.

By Blogger Jana Armstrong, at 11:27 AM  

Possessed plumbing gives me a case of the nerves. I so hope they fix that quick for you.

As for the subbing, man it's a great feeling isn't it?

Have a blast touring!

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich