Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Wrote Synopsis

Thursday, November 10, 2005
Did not die.

Actually, it didn't even hurt. Maybe it's the slash and burn writer in me, but I hacked my novella down to half a page in about half an hour this morning. Before my first cup of coffee.

I meant to get my partial out to Nadia yesterday, but I realized I hadn't written a synopsis! I had a query letter, but that doesn't tell the whole thing. And since she only wanted a partial, I figured it might be a good idea to let her know what happens after she's done with those pages.

I think what helped a lot was dear, darling Deb Hale's wonderful article -- Packing Your Synopsis Suitcase. The link won't take you right to the article. You have to click on Writing Tips, then go down the sidebar. So worth it. I've used it to help plot, but I'd never written a synopsis before. I used the article this time after I wrote the synopsis to make sure I hit the highlights. I did!

I...uh...I guess that means I have no more excuses. She requested it six days ago. I think I've faffed about enough.

Yep.

Off it goes.

Really.

Honest.

This is me, going to the post office.

*whimper*
11/10/2005 09:36:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 12 Comments

12 Comments:

Fingers very firmly crossed that she loves it, Sela.

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 11:26 AM  

Wahoo!! Good luck!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 PM  

Good girl!! Fingers crossed for you.

Lori :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 PM  

Just do it already. We're writers. This is what we do. Love ya!

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 7:33 PM  

Good Luck, Sela!!

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 7:57 PM  

The more synopses you write, the easier they get--and the same goes for sending in submissions. The waiting can be agony, but just knowing you’re doing all you can is a giant, positive step in the right direction. :-D

Wishing you LOTS of good luck with your partial and synopsis, Sela!

By Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs, at 1:56 AM  

Go you!

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 2:32 AM  

Kick it out of the nest, hon.
It'll fly. *ggg*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 AM  

It went yesterday, but I think I committed a grave sin. I was reading it over as I stood in line at the PO, saying, "Oh, I could tighten that up. I could expand a bit there on the emotion. There's a better word for that."

I'm convinced now she's going to hate it.

But at least it's gone.

Thanks everyone!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 6:27 AM  

You're on a roll! ANother one out the door! Good Luck!

By Blogger Sasha White, at 4:14 PM  

Great! Good luck. And thanks for posting that link!

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:02 PM  

Best of luck, dear girl.
You have all the skills.

By Blogger Bernita, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich