Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Potato Soup

Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Ok, first you fry up about 6 slices of bacon in the bottom of your soup pot. Take out the bacon, crumble it up and set it aside. Add about 3 lb of chopped up potatoes, a chopped onion, 2 stalks of sliced celery and 2 sliced carrots. A little pepper, a little salt, about a teaspoon of sugar, and a cup of water. Put the lid on and simmer for 20-25 minutes.

Blend together 1 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of flour and add to the pot, along with another 3 cups of milk. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. Add 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2 or light cream, heat through, and you're done!

Sprinkle the bacon bits over when you serve.

Simple and I always have the ingredients on hand. Feeds our family of 4 for two nights.
11/02/2005 05:05:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 10 Comments

10 Comments:

OK this sounds really good!

By Blogger Sasha White, at 6:22 PM  

That sounds way yummy. Saving this one for when my family comes in a few weeks, this should make a great fish and soup night!

By Blogger K.A.S., at 7:46 PM  

That sounds delish, and if it's a two nighter than how great is that!

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 9:28 PM  

I cook 3, 4 times a week, max. We're really big on leftovers at our house. And if I also have just enough to make dh a lunch? Color him a happy camper.

Of course, today I have people coming over to look at the stove. Sometimes the kitchen timer goes wonky and won't work. Sounds like a crockpot day!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 7:21 AM  

OOoooh that sounds sooooo good!! I love soup.

By Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series, at 9:40 AM  

“Aaaaahhhhhhiiiiieeeeeeee!!!!”

Just for your information, that’s the sound that comes out of a dieter’s mouth when she reads a post like this. I know because it happened to me about 10 seconds ago.

Bacon…potatoes…cream… *drool* Thanks, Sela. Thanks a lot. Now I’m going to be thinking about this scrumptious-sounding soup all day as I nibble on my meager, measly diet food.

Aside from the positively drool-worthy recipe, you have a great blog! LOL

By Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs, at 9:52 AM  

Thanks, Daisy -- I've been lurking on your blog and the last couple have had my ROFL!

And hmmm. Do you think the bacon, potatoes and cream could possibly the reason my ass is expanding faster than my jeans can hold it in? Naaaaah.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 2:10 PM  

Mmmm.

Just added all the ingredients to my grocery shopping list.

Thanks! I love soup around this time of year. And potato soup is my favorite - I must have at least half a dozen.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

Thanks! I’m glad you enjoy my blog, Sela. I have great fun writing it.

Next time you stop by you should delurk and say hello! :-)

By Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs, at 10:39 AM  

Oh, wow. I hafta make potato soup tonight!

By Blogger Brenda Coulter, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich