Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Where's That Handbasket?

Sunday, April 10, 2005
Cuz I'm probably gonna need it for my trip to hell.

I was SO BORED in church today that I ended up writing more of my "synopsis" (read: long rambling ideas for plot and backstory) on the back of the sermon outline. Yes, my church hands out a sheet of paper with blanks so that we can fill in the main points. It's actually very handy when he's good. Today, not so much. What's worse is that one of the scenes I scribbled was about making luuuuv.

Not so much the sex but the joyful, sensuous afterglow. I've got a whole music as metaphor thing going on right now as well -- TADA!! -- an actual theme. Gee. I've never had a theme before. Julie will be so proud.

I don't even want a detailed outline of what's going to happen in every scene. Tried that once -- totally ruined the story. Just some ideas of where the story can go once I get past the meet.
4/10/2005 07:34:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

Ah... Amazing what the brain does to entertain itself, uh? ;) Bring naughty thoughts while in church. *lol*

By Blogger Silma, at 11:26 PM  

A theme! Hooray! I love a theme.

I've got a theme for my wip. No plot or nothin, of course. Just a theme. And a metaphor or two.

Ahhh, those degrees in Eng Lit do come in handy sometimes...

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 7:07 AM  

Ah, the dreaded synopsis. I'd rather clean toilets than write one ...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

My favorite chapter in Raymond Obstfeld's Fiction First Aid was on theme.

I think you can add alot to your ms by using it activly -not just letting it be an accident.

You bad girl doodling on the program!

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich