Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


I Have Returned

Sunday, April 03, 2005
But honestly, I'm feeling less than MacArthur-ish about the whole thing. I've returned to a pile of edits and a determination to go on an actual diet. My wedding ring doesn't fit anymore.

As to the edits, I entered a just for fun We All Win 1st chapter contest at Romance Divas and got some feedback on Dude. It was alright -- only two people judged my entry -- but I still got that punched in the heart feeling over some of the comments. I'm going to use one of the character suggestions to shore up my h, who had been feeling a little uneven to me. Now I think I know why. Thankfully, I hardly got tagged at all on mechanics and grammar! I know my grammar skills are adequate, but still I worry sometimes.

Regardless of the hard work in front of me, I feel refreshed by my visit with good friends and willing to tackle my tasks with a renewed spirit. I'm setting aside today to do some goal planning. Now, I usually stink at this. I love setting goals. Really high, pie in the sky goals. Goals like:
Within a week, my mother will be so stunned by my stellar housekeeping that she will weep for joy.
I will write the Great American Romance Novella. First draft in two weeks.
I will lose 15 lbs in three weeks.

Yeah. Right.

How about:
I will plow a path through the living room today and set up a schedule for cleaning. Within a month, I should be able to have guests over as long as they don't go into the Room Of Death.
I will continue to edit until Dude is ready to submit.
I will exercise more often than I have and stick to my menu this week. And I'd like to lose 15 lbs by July.

Doable? What do you think?
4/03/2005 07:21:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

Yes, all of those are doable, honey, and keep it up. See you around!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

You can do it, babe. :-D

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 12:28 PM  

Doable, in deed. ;-)

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 2:42 PM  

Good to see you back! Yeah, sometimes getting away from writing is good. It helps the mind get all recharged. Congrats on your diet! I can do it!

By Blogger Silma, at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich