Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


The State of the Sela Speech

Thursday, March 24, 2005
Status: Lightly lit.
DUDE progress: None today.

I can explain -- honest! Today the neighborhood TOTS group went out to the firestation to look at the fire engines. (And the fireman!) We had a lovely time, had lunch at a very sweet little park and came home before the children splintered.

Today was the last day of school before Spring Break. Dd redeemed some earlier bad behavior so she was allowed out to play. Ds and I also got out for a walk and we ended up over at a neighbor's house who decided to ply me and another mom with wine while our kids played in the driveway. It was a fantastic afternoon! How often do most folks really do that? Just take the afternoon off and watch your kids play, knowing that they're having a good time, they're safe, and you can drink wine with your friends and talk about how hot Hugh Grant/Brendan Fraser/Russell Crowe/Brad Pitt are.

We were out there until sundown and lemme tell ya -- I'm in far too mellow a mood to screw it up with edits tonight. Tomorrow is time enough. I'll get through another 15 pages or so (single spaced) while the kids play in the backyard, and be well over half done.

I'm kind of glad I had today to play with the kids and with real people before I rush back to my writing cave tomorrow.
3/24/2005 07:50:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

Gl;ad you took the time to *play* Sela. Too many people forget days like those don't last forever. You haveto take the opportunities when you can get them.

I am sure DUDE will be much better for mellowing in your mind.

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 5:36 AM  

That sounds like a GREAT day, Sela! I need a day like that....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Girl, sometimes you need to make for the important things like relax, drink wine, and talk about Brad Pitt's bodilicious butt. ;)

By Blogger Silma, at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich