Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Isn't he the sweetest thing?

Saturday, March 19, 2005
My dh bought me a butter dish! Isn't he the best? And before this begins to sound lamer than last week's lettuce, lemme 'splain. When we moved here, we realized that 10 years of moving had made severe depradations into the state of our dinnerware. While in England, we bought ourselves a lovely full set of china, but our every day stuff was getting pretty raggedy. So we bought some Fiestaware. Great stuff, very sturdy, lots of colors. I actually have a mixed set of red and yellow so it's bright and cheery looking when I set the table.

One of my pet peeves, however, is cold, hard butter. How are you supposed to spread this stuff? It shreds everything it touches and never melts quickly enough on a warm muffin to make a difference. So, a few months ago, I told him I wanted a butter dish and he responded in typical fashion. "Huh? Wha? Ok."

But today, from way the heck over in wherever he is, I opened an e-mail from amazon.com to discover that he bought me a yellow butter dish.

Ain't he just darn near perfect?
3/19/2005 08:48:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

I've got Fiestaware too. But in my usual uncoordinated way, I've got yellow, red, bright orange, terra-cotta, green, lime green, and blue. And my butter dish is white, from Habitat.

My mother buys it for me in bulk. Whenever she sees some on sale she buys it and either carries it 3000 miles across the ocean for me or puts it in my suitcase to carry 3000 miles across the ocean. I have the smallest kitchen in the world, enough place settings for a banquet, and every piece of it is the best-travelled crockery in Europe.

Your DH is a sweetie.

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 11:11 AM  

Can we clone your perfect DH please???

Biddy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM  

Indeed, your dh is a sweetie. Mine bought me chocolate for Valentine's Day. Now, in much. I felt grateful (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 AM  

I love Fiestaware! And I love my butter dish, too. I have my grandmother's old cut glass butter dish. I love it because it reminds me of my grandmother. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 AM  

Ah, he sounds very sweet! Jill

http://www.jillshalvis.com/blog

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

Sela,
You're one lucky lady! It takes a very special man to take notice of those "little" things that really aren't so little to you.
And it takes a very special lady to take pride and find happiness in the simple pleasures and gestures in life.
It's nice to know I'm not alone. ;o)

By Blogger Pamela, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich