Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Time for a break!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007
I turned it in.

12,740 words.

The End.

Now I need to get my house in order. It's been neglected for far too long.

I'm sorry I wasn't really around this week, but I wouldn't expect that to change much next week, either.

The only writing I'm planning on doing over the next week is getting that Spinetingler article ready. I'm aiming for 1200-1500 words and I've got a chunk of my research done already. Now it's a question of organizing the layout and getting the writing done.

But the house needs me right now.
1/10/2007 11:15:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

As a guy who carries a rabbit's foot and sprinkles salt over his left shoulder all the time when it comes to writing and submitting,
I wonder how people can actually describe what they have said to an editor or what they submitted.

Every time I talk about sending something out, lightning seems to flash. "You've spilled the beans.
The story will come back rejected."
More often than not--even at my age--it does.
So for me right now, mum's the word and "Loose Lips Sink Ships."

I am submitting like crazy and hope by next week there will be a cheque nestled among all those flyers.

By Blogger ivan, at 12:47 PM  

First of all congratulations on finishing. I'm so proud of you. :)
Woo Hoo!

The neglected housework? I for one try not to worry too much about it. If that is what you need to do now...I'm sure you know best. :)
Hugs,
Lara (sitting amongst the post holiday clutter...and not worrying :) )

By Blogger Lara Santiago, at 9:57 PM  

Congrats on getting it done! Great gazoo playing going on here with Hail to the Writing Queen. :)

As to housework, what is that? I figure the dust bunnies are there to keep me humble. I wouldn't want to clear them out and get a big head.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 AM  

No, it REALLY needed me! I spent almost the whole day tidying -- I didn't even get to the vacuuming or dusting! But it looks a lot better now and I can concentrate on other things. And the rest of the family is happier, too. Now they all have clean jeans to wear!

Wednesday I was too tired to clean, so I did the grocery shopping. I usually keep a full pantry, but it was getting pretty skimpy in there. It ended up being one of those huuuuuge trips!

So now the house is in good shape and we have plenty of food. Whew!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich