Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Barry Grissmus

Monday, December 25, 2006
It's Grissmus Day and I haf a code.

I've just returned from a couple of days in the flatlands of America and I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that they are still flat. Very flat.

Exchanged Christmas gifts with the in-laws -- wonderful, fun people. Cooked myself to a standstill before going over there, so thankfully, the DNPH is taking his turn in the kitchen today.

Wrapped presents for the kids until midnight, but it was all worth it to watch them this morning. I was so pleased to see that they were gracious and enthusiastic about everything they recieved -- even the pajamas that Lita sent.

All in all, it's been wonderful.

Until I downloaded Bertie.

I got busy while we were on the road and did a lot of writing. 17 pages of writing, in fact, with four different beginnings.

About 12 pages of it is complete garbage. My last beginning is the one that's working because I can actually find conflict in it, rather than just some bimbo with an anger problem tossing her hair around.

So, 2 new pages so far this morning and I learned the Italian word for pig.
12/25/2006 02:44:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 9 Comments

9 Comments:

Don't worry about it, Sela.
I wrote my Black Icon in the course of a honeymoon.
Hannukah Hal says Happy Christmas night!

Ivan.

By Blogger ivan, at 5:15 PM  

Sorry to hear you have a cold, Sela. Hot toddies will help it go away--or at least forget it. :)

Happy Holidays.

Maggie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 PM  

Gavon, right? Italian for pig? I don't know how to spell it, but we say it alot over here along with other choice words.

A hair tossing bimbo sounds pretty ... bubblegum pink. :)

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 11:33 PM  

Sick and productive on Christmas? Eish - that's making me ill just reading it!

Hope the beginning comes together just the way you want.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 4:45 PM  

Take heart, Sandra. Today I've accomplished exactly nothing. Oh wait. I did go back and change a word. Then my brain started to slide out of my ears so I went back to watching my kids play while I built a fortress of used Kleenex around me.

I'm going to have to suck it up and work tomorrow, though. I've got about a week and a half to finish the rough draft, then just a few days to layer and polish. It scares me to think about it.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 5:10 PM  

Hope you feel better, hon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:48 AM  

You still managed to be funny-sweet, though.

By Blogger Bernita, at 9:36 AM  

:) Y'all are making me smile! Don't you know it's dangerous to make a sick woman smile? It's totally at odd with my fully-engaged sick woman grumpiness. The universe might explode.

And just to ensure that I stay grumpy -- I'm switching to the New Blogger today. God help us all if I lose my blog. You'll hear me screeching in Saskatchewan!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:44 AM  

Well, I guess not. It won't let me switch yet, even though I have the little button and everything. Whew. I'm actually relieved.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich