Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Does Missouri have a state song?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Y'know, not something totally humiliating like South Carolina's? Which is essentially a dirge. Hideous and funereal.

Something fun like "The Yellow Rose of Texas" or "Back Home Again in Indiana." Well, I only like the last one because 1) Jim Nabors is still singing it. The one year he couldn't, Florence Henderson sang it instead. And 2) I'm compelled by certain members of my family to watch the Indy 500 each year. I don't mind. I actually enjoy it now. Not sure why. I can't even drive a stick.

And boy, I'm completely off track now.

Anyway, we're headin' west this weekend. The House has been found, duly offered for and accepted. The inspection is on Friday -- cross your fingers.

The school terms will mesh beautifully. The term both here and there end this week, so when my kids begin, it'll be at the start of a new term. They also use some of the same curriculum, so it won't be totally unfamiliar.

So if I'm not paying attention as much over the next several days, please be patient with me! I'll be back.
10/11/2006 09:13:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

Don't knw about a State song, but way up in the northern boonies of Canada, we heard the phrase, "I'm from Missouri: I have to be shown."
Visited Missoure some time ago.
Hellishly nice people--and they sort of talk like us Canadians.
And St.Louis a pretty agreeable place. But the traffic!

By Blogger ivan, at 10:23 AM  

Really? They speak Canadian-like? Man, I was hoping I'd be somewhere my twang didn't stick out so much. Speaking American standard takes effort.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:39 AM  

Stephen Colbert:

"I had to lose that twang so I could work in mass media."

But way, way back in the past some of my girlfriends had it.
Damn pleasant.

By Blogger ivan, at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich