Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Flow of words

Thursday, January 27, 2005
Ahhh. I love Tuesdays and Thursdays while I edit. On these two days, I get to write. I had been reading Vogler's Writer's Journey, but I got bored. So I switched back to writing. It's no more than a short story right now. I know the title and I'm still working out the first scene. HUGE holes in what my heroine does for a living, but I know it's somehow tied to the plot. I'm just having fun writing the words now.

I don't even know my Hero's name. I know a few things about him. I know most of what he looks like, I know that his voice is ruined and broken, and I know that he is by far the most tortured, emotionally ripped up hero I've ever imagined. He's on the edge of a breakdown so he was sent on a simple mission to pick up a package named Mae Davis. She's exactly what he needs. He's exactly what she needs. And they're going to be pretty peeved when they figure it out!

But, back to editing. I'm going to fill out that transition scene today and maybe a bit more.
1/27/2005 10:59:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

Love the sound of that story, Susan. I do so love a damaged hero, physically and emotionally. So much capacity for healing.

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 6:51 AM  

Good luck, Susan! I love the sound of that hero, too. I love a tortured hero!

Suzanne

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 AM  

I love the name "Mae". I wanted it to be my current heroine's name, but it just sounded bad with "Oz". Torture that hero, baby! Oooh yeah!

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich