Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Rainy Saturday

Saturday, August 12, 2006
Haven has made banners for me! Cool! I've never had banners before!

The first week of school is over. It was exhausting. Poor Monkey Boy. He was so tired yesterday, he actually got into a fret about something, cried and took a nap. Unusual behaviour for him.

The Monkey Princess did really well, overall. She did not complete one of her worksheets, so I made her finish it before she went to a birthday party last night. She's just thrilled to be back with all her friends, even though they all got together regularly over the summer.

She's still in the Alert program (g&t, I suppose) and is looking forward to this year's projects.

The house sale is making me nervous. The other realtor seems to lack basic communication skills and there is paperwork that we ought to have had some time ago that we still haven't received. Today, our realtor got a cryptic e-mail from her.

I've got a bad feeling about this. Just a feeling. We'll see.

Guest blogging for Milady Insanity yesterday was fun! Got a couple of new people in to visit, at least. Crystal is interviewing me for her website on Tuesday and I'll be at a chat on Thursday...but I can't remember where. I know I wrote it down somewhere. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

So I guess it's all gearing up now.

The new story is progressing. Still very fairy-tale formal in style. I'm making a conscious decision to keep it that way. And I've found my heroine's name: Mai Westenra. It just works. I have Julia Stiles in my head when I think of her. See, Jaye? This time I needed a picture.

I haven't quite nailed down the hero yet, although I think I'm looking for a broodier Paul Gross. Some of the photos on that page are very young looking, but I need him a touch older. Lines around the eyes, but distinguished. He was, after all, a king.

And see? I didn't know that until I typed it right there.

THAT'S why it's so much fun to be a pantser! And I'll be cussing it tomorrow.
8/12/2006 01:54:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 5 Comments

5 Comments:

Yeah, I wrote into Milady's Insanity.
You probably didn't recognize it as I used my full name--I finally have something in common with Arnold Schwarzenegger!

The copy, as seems to be my way was somewhat rococo, a word other snobs like to use in place of baroque!--I am baroque and broke too!
Anyway, I wasn't surprised that my comment was held for a bit, being considered before being published.
Don't blame ya.
Good outline of your novel though, and I enjoyed it. Paranormal forever!

Ivan

By Blogger ivan, at 2:12 PM  

Ivan, Milady told me there were a couple of comments that got stuck behind the filter. Because she's in Singapore, it took a long time for her to get back there and check. And of course I recognized you! Thanks for stopping by!

Devon, we've had contracts fall through before. Never fun, but survivable. Thank goodness we've never had to deal with developers like yours! Eminent Domain scares the bejeebers out of me, though.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 6:15 PM  

Just dropped in to say 'hello.' Nice looking site, Sela, and happy to see you in the cave.

Josh

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

"He was so tired yesterday, he actually got into a fret about something, cried and took a nap. Unusual behaviour for him."

That's so cute, in "it's not happening to me" kind of way :)

Pantsing scares the bejeebers out me. I feel dirty just saying it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:26 AM  

Welcome Josh/Slosh! Thanks for stopping in!

Aimee, he's my easy one, so when he pulls something like that, it's not hard to see he's wiped out. The Monkey Princess is more difficult to read.

Pantsing is fun! Except when it isn't. *gg*

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich